Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 3

After reading the article The Power of Connections I realize that I am going through the same process has the author. Entering into this new world of technology I was nervous about what could go wrong. But as I continue to learn about the positive aspects of Twitter and blogging I see what these programs can do in the form of tools to help connect with people. Via all these sites it is no problem to get in contact with people from around the world to get their point of view on subjects that are on your mind. I can see why this new connection with everyone is so addicting to so many young people there is a constant flow of information coming to them on topics they decide are interesting. I also like that telling my students that I have a twitter account and a blogg increased my coolness in their eyes.

The second article I read was on 5 tips for smarter social networking. The one tip I like is mix professional and personal lives to me I do not want to sit there and read about some issue on a blogg unless I get to know that the author knows what they are doing, and they do this by telling us there personal history with this topic. The other tips I do not know about; in my job I can get into trouble if I say to provokative things. The whole idea of showing vulnerability is just not my style. I do not need random people to know my weakness and falts. I have no clue if I am right or wrong on this issue but hell what do I know I just started to get into this social networking deal 2 weeks ago.

P.S. Thank You Packers I owe you guys one

1 comment:

  1. I think there is a HUGE difference between showing your faults and asking for suggestions. Showing your faults is posting on your blog (or anywhere) like its fact when it's not. Posting questions and asking for feedback on your blog, even if you may not be totally correct, is what the whole online learning is about. Please don't be afraid to open yourself up to criticism and feedback and/or ask for help or ideas. Just like any writing - do your research if you are going to put it out there as the truth. Great things to think about, though.

    ReplyDelete