Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The outcome of my plate tectonics

So I have finished my project dealing with plate tectonics. The students loved the video of the whirlpool. They keep asking me if there where people in the boat and if they got sucked down. After discussion on that issue we finally got on to what actually started this whirlpool. The students did a great job on identifying where in the world each type of fault and plate interaction takes place. After the tragedy in Japan the students where very interested and attentive when I was discussing what happen and why this event happened. Overall both my students and I had a great class and continue to bring this topic up in conversations.

Austin Zeimet
P.S
If you don't go HAM at the horse races then don't go at all. If you don't know you are not in touch with the youth.

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to be able to take advantage of real world events! Glad it worked!

    ReplyDelete